The world of social networking has recently been taken over by pinterest, and you can turn this tool into a profitable pinterest business promotion. This is not a place where all you do is to make connections or improve interaction with other people. Pinterest is all about images and photography. You can pin images either from websites or repin the ones that you found on the website, to your personal board. This will serve as a cool arrangement of the things you find mostly interesting. Obviously, the major criteria are interest along with creativity and lifestyle. So how do you turn your collection of favorite items into a promotional and marketing tool to help boost your business? Pinterest business is all about understanding ideas and tips and how to effectively apply it to your pinterest business.
Begin your pinterest business with an active account
1. Request an invitation – You cannot join pinterest by signing up like in other social networking sites, you have to request an invitation to join. You can do this by going to the homepage where you will be asked to submit an email address. Response doesn’t take much time, so you’ll soon be sent a welcome message.
2. Start pinning - Once you have been allowed in, you shouldn’t wait for anything anymore. Start pinning and repining images that you find interesting. You should also start following those people that are very popular including your competitors. You should also make good comments on images and interact. The more you pin and repin other people’s images, the more people pin your own images. This will help to get people interested in you and what you have to offer.
3. Add pinterest button on your site – This is the best way to let people aware of your presence on pinterest. You can either add a follow and/or pin it button, depending on what you believe will be beneficial to you. Such a button on your site can be used to encourage your visitors and costumers to pin your product images onto pinterest.
4. Continuity is key – Once you start don’t stop. Keep posting images to your board and continue to relate and interact with people that are into you kind of business. Add images from any recently completed project, tips to help people achieve certain goals and more.
5. Connect with your other profiles – Connect your pinterest account with your facebook and twitter accounts. This will help to drive more people to your pinterest board, thereby creating more awareness for your pinterest business.
Be creative with your pinterest business
6. Keep it simple – On pinterest, simplicity is the key factor. The site itself promotes that, because everyone has a board with their favorite images; all of the same size. Focus your board on your particular pinterest business and things that are related to your business and products. This will make it easy for people to understand you, follow you and visit your site more.
7. Be useful – Just like you add write-ups in your blog and website to help people solve their problem and discover new things and ideas, use your pinterest board to help people discover great ideas and inspiration. You can do this by pinning instructional video, free eBooks and useful materials that can really improve people’s lives. Once you do this, they will like to follow you more and repin your images.
8. Encourage comments – The major things that make an image popular are comments, likes and repin. You shouldn’t wait for people to make comments, make them do it. You can achieve this by asking a short simple question that will make them participate e.g. “can you guess which country this image was taken”. More comments will get more people involved with you and that will boost traffic.
9. Pin images from other people – Many people make a mistake of pining only images from their own site or images they have taken or produced by themselves; this is a turn off for many people. Doing this will limit your creativity and people will see you as a seller. So pin images you find from other websites and repin cool images you find on pinterest site also.
Use Pinterest As A Storytelling Tool For Your Business
10. Tell a story – Don’t just pin images to your board for the sake of pinning, add images that make sense and create a form of plotting. Let all the images in a board have some form of connection; this is the way to tell a story, this is the way to create style.
As with many of the other social networking sites, you must be interactive and be involved. Pinterest takes online marketing to another level because it requires one to post an image relevant to their niche, something many people forget to do. Images catches the eye and is a great way to drive traffic to your content versus your competition that doesn’t necessarily have an attractive image or image at all.
Good luck, and I wish you the best in Using Pinterest to promote your business.