The power of subconscious mind is not a myth. Nor is it mongering by self help gurus. It is very real, though we cannot see it, except in terms of its effects in our everyday lives.
If you have ever wondered if the difference between the wealthy and the poor lies in something beyond upbringing, luck or opportunities, the answer is YES – it is a hidden mental power that makes a difference between positive and negative mindsets, success and failure, fear and confidence.
And the good news is that each one of us has this power and immense potential in our minds. But the majority of us just do not know how to use it. The world's most influential thinkers, businessmen, artists, inventors trust in their subconscious and train their conscious mind to listen to it more often – and vice versa. So you can too.
What is the Power of Subconscious Mind?
To understand the power of the subconscious, you need to know what the subconscious is. The brain can be defined in terms of frequencies at which each state of consciousness vibrates. The conscious mind is only a tip of the iceberg and it does the thinking and reasoning for you.
The subconscious mind is the state of your mind when you are in a light sleep (when you are REM dreaming for instance) or meditating. You can only experience this stage when you are momentarily slipping into sleep from consciousness or waking up from deep unconscious sleep.
At other times, the subconscious mind quietly stores your beliefs, memories, faiths, faces and names of people you know etc. It protects you from danger by attracting things that fit in with your existing beliefs and protects your belief system from being turned upside down.
This is why your subconscious mind is so powerful – it filters what your conscious mind experiences and keeps your beliefs consistent. In turn, it bolsters your beliefs and delivers it to the conscious mind.
This means that whatever we think of ourselves, we become. So, each time we tell ourselves that we will never attain our dreams; we are letting our subconscious know and bolstering that belief. In doing so, we are only ensuring that we fail. Instead, we have to feed our subconscious with positive thoughts that will keep our conscious mind positive as well.
Napoleon Hill's Suggestion to Bring Out the Power of Subconscious Mind
In Napoleon Hill's ground breaking manual for success, Think and Grow Rich, Hill described a technique for success that he called the invisible counselors technique.
The exercise is an imaginative one that you perform in 3 simple steps, bring out your creativity and solve problems.
1. First, close your eyes and imagine yourself in the room of a counselor. Decide what problem you want guidance with.
2. Pick anywhere between 5 and 9 people (it does not matter if they are alive or dead, real or fictional) from whom you would like some advice.
3. Ask them the questions you want answers to. Be open minded about it; be ready to receive any answers.
If you have a strong imagination, this will work very well for you. But even if you do not, you can still develop the skill with practice. Soon your subconscious will start giving you answers through your experience of the people you have picked.
Other Exercises to Bring Out the Power of Subconscious Mind
There are a few other ways of tapping into this power.
· Autosuggestion – feed your brain with information that you write, read or listen to when you are in a state of light meditation. Make sure they are consistent with your goals and objectives. Your subconscious will listen to them and make them your reality.
· Auto inquisition – try Thomas Edison's method to learn from your subconscious. Sit on a chair with a metal ball in your hand and doze off while you ask your subconscious a question. When you drift into sleep, the ball will fall and wake you, so you can access your subconscious for brief moments and unleash your creativity.
Overall, the idea is to keep your subconscious positive. When you have done that, you will find that you can achieve the success that you crave in your career, family and other elements of your life. Learn to feed into the power of subconscious mind and you will be able to let your innate genius free.